HEALTH & WELLBEING
Our internal Health and Wellbeing team offers a ‘community’ style service for young people, who may be experiencing emotional and behavioural issues around their learning difficulties.
The team have a combined knowledge and experience of over thirty years, working with Child and Adolescent Mental Health. They provide comprehensive assessments that identify the young person’s specific needs, treatment and personalised care using evidence based treatment and care pathways, as recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE).
THE BENEFITS & SCIENCE
“Sports can provide excellent educational opportunities for social development because many of the social and moral requirements for participation in sports are parallels to how individuals must function in a law-abiding society.
There is common agreement that sports programs for children and youth can enhance motoric, physical and social growth.”
Seefeldt, Vern D.; Ewing, Martha E.(1997)
Research indicates that sports participation can promote healthy mental and physical development.
- Builds an appreciation of personal health and fitness
- Develops a positive self-image and self esteem
- Teaches how to work as part of a team
- Develops social skills with other children and adults (such as taking turns and sharing playing time)
- Teaches how to manage both success and disappointment; and,
- Teaches how to respect others
We implement this through various approaches such as outward bound activity based breaks, charitable sport event participation, and Duke of Edinburgh Awards.